Friday, September 5, 2008

Paralympics Opening Cermonies


We're continuing to enjoy exploring Beijing. We recently did a day trip outside of the city to a little village called Cuandixia, dating back to the Ming dynasty and which still has some Chinese cultural revolution graffiti on the walls. The place was nestled among some scenic mountains and was a great escape from the big cityness of Beijing. I took plenty of photos which I will eventually post up but that may have to wait till I get my own desktop computer setup as my trial period of Adobe Lightroom on the laptop has expired, doh!

As for tonight, we are heading to the opening ceremonies for the Paralympic games here in Beijing. We got the opportunity to purchase a pair of tickets so we'll be heading off shortly to the Olympic Green and to watch the spectacle. Though I do not expect it to match the Olympic opening ceremonies (15,000 performers versus the 6,000 performers for the Paralympics opening), I am confident that China will put on an amazing show worthy of all the Paralympic athletes. I think our Canadian athletes will make a big showing and look forward to watching theme compete over the next two weeks. Keep an eye out for us with a large Canadian flag!

G

No comments: