Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fishmonger















There's something about a Chinese-style grocery store with all the hanging meat, swimming fish and weird animal innards that many Westerners would be loathe to consider food. Well this indooor grocery market I stumbled upon in Kowloon was full of people buying their groceries and the food was most certainly fresh - from live chickens, live frogs and swimming fishes. There was haggling and pointing as people tried to get the best deals and freshest produce/meats. Unlike the very sanitized Western supermarkets like Safeway, this place makes sure you know that you are getting fresh.

For my shooting in the market, I set my D700 to auto ISO with a limit to 800, had my 50mm and just went at it. The one thing I have to keep in mind, which became apparent to me after reviewing my photos on the computer, was that I need to remember the D700 has less depth of field than my previous camera. Gotta get that focus right!

Date: October 25, 2008
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 50mm AF-D f/1.8
Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter speed: 1/160
ISO: 400
Focal length: 50mm
Format: NEF

No comments: